Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Do You Know? Game

You can run, but you can't hide from the Zirker Clan...
After almost a year here in Vegas, Buddy's finally sitting down and getting to know some of the men in Elders' Quorum. We have more than a few Physical Therapists in our ward, and one of them happened to strike up conversation with Buddy today. He's planning to open up a clinic near Moses Lake, so Buddy threw out Warden. Turns out he grew up in Warden. So, naturally, Buddy mentioned the good Zirker name. And you can bet your bottom he knew Zirkers! He specifically mentioned Brant & Erik, so he may be around your age. Anyway, his name is Chris Cox...ring any bells? And while we're on the subject of people who know Zirkers, we had some wardmates from Provo move to Moscow for grad school last year. I can only assume that one or more of you have run into the Crandalls, and I was curious.
If you're not humming "It's a Small World" yet, feel free to start now.

6 comments:

Brant and Leslie said...

Sure I remember him. I wouldn't have recognized him in passing, but once you put a name on him, you can recognize his face. I think he was a year older than me. His little brothers Brent and Bryce (twins) were Erik's age.

Brant

Erik and Jaime said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Ask him where Brent and Bryce are for me, please. Have you made any money in the "gaming" industry?

Kent and Martha said...

I went to school with Chris's dad, Rick (he is Eugene's age). He had a cool Pontiac Tempest that he had changed the fender badges to GTO. It also had a single exhaust pipe and he wired a siphon tube under the other side so it looked like it had dual exhausts. Funny thing, on a cold morning the exhaust only came from one pipe. As for the Crandalls, I'm their bishop. We just caller he to serve as a councilor in the Relief Society presidency. They are a very nice family. I saw them just today.

sethandlacey said...

You better believe I know Jenny!!! I love that girl!!! We're in the R.S. presidency together.

michelle said...

Thanks for playing! I knew the Zirkers would come through! I'll be sure to tell Chris and I'd be interested to see if the Crandalls remember who we are. If they do, please tell them we said hi. If not, I feel a little awkward.

Kent and Martha said...

Michelle, I talked to Jenny last Sunday and they most deffinately remember you guys. I'll tell they Hi for you.