About 1 year ago, I received a random friend request on facebook from a dude by the name of Steve Zirker. Usually I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know, but since this guy was British, I had to accept (I have an affinity for foreigners). Aside from occasionally sending me facebook junk, he never said anything to me...Until 3 days ago. And interestingly enough, he wanted to know about the Zirker family geneology. His grandfather moved from Germany right before WWII and originated from around the same general area that our Zirker family did. But both of us want to find out if we're really related (him because he wants to know about his family history, and me because I want to know if we have relatives, aside from Michelle's family, where we can stay for free in England).
Who would have thought that facebook would lead to discovering one's family history?
5 comments:
I also got a friend request from Steve Zirker and didn't respond because I had no clue who the man was.
To me "Steve" is a code name for "I don't really exist", or "I'm embarrased about my real name". Dude's faking it.
That guy is always trying to add me as well. I saw that you added him, but I just couldn't do it. So....are we related to him?
I also denied him.
oh he's real alright. and he has a small child. and he's getting married in 2010. and you should all add him because his english grammar is worth the irritation of the loads of applications he sends. and invitations to his birthday. etc. we don't know if we're related yet. i'm working on it.
i DID however deny the african zirkers. i just couldn't see the connection to shanee or desmond...
Post a Comment