Sunday, December 16, 2007
I'll be home for Christmas
First of all- school is out! Whoohoo! I've given exams, turned in final grades (having the happy opportunity to fail some of my more rotten students) and listened to the Mo-Tab Christmas concert (thank you Leslie!), which means it's finally Christmas time! And to top it all off, I leave tomorrow morning for NY, where Trav and I will be spending Christmas break with my family. Christmas at my house is a different experience than Christmas with the Zirkers (though both are equally enjoyable). It's much louder (hard to imagine, I know), much more chaotic, and involves stops for dinner at the house of every relative within 30 miles (which can be surprisingly unpleasant when you're forced to eat several plates full at each stop). But anyway- Trav and I were just wondering where (if anywhere) you all were going for Christmas? Do you have any coolies family traditions that you want to share?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Denver. We're trying to avoid family this year.
Kevin, do you have a death wish against Kelly. You couldn't even get throgh your Christmas letter without zinging her. Merry Christmas to all.
Buddy & I will be in Moscow until the 27th, when he goes back to work and I head for the Great White North to see my family (it's been almost a 1.5 years, they're due!) One cool "tradition" we have, which I think is more a habit than a tradition, is listening to 80's music whilst opening presents, in lieu of traditional holiday type music. My dad, an 80's enthusiast busts out his recording of the top 100 music videos of all time (which was decided mid-90's, but I think my dad would argue that they haven't changed since) and we have it on in the background while we play with our new toys. Quirky? Yes? Heart-warming and tender? For me, also yes. Happy Christmas everyone!
bring on the death wish from kevin. i can take him. i'm not afraid.
inowknowthedifferencebetweenenglishmajorsandlinguisticsmajors
Post a Comment